Lecturer, doctoral candidate and course coordinator for postgraduate courses in organisational Communication, Charles Sturt University, NSW, Australia. Peter lectures in organisational communication and public relations. He has previously taught corporate communication in England and Singapore.
Before joining Charles Sturt University Peter specialised in communication and strategic change in the health sector. Between 1995 and 2000 he developed and managed numerous action research projects with grants from Commonwealth and State health agencies.
Peter’s recent publications include studies of:
- Relationships between journalists and military public relations in Iraq
- The ethics of ‘Fake news’ and ‘Press release journalism’
- Evaluation and research by Australian public relations practitioners
- Perceptions of justice in sports communication
His professional associations include:
- Member Public Relations Institute of Australia
- Member Australia and New Zealand Communication Association
- Member Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication
- Member International Society of Football Scholars
Peter was awarded a Joao Havelange FIFA Research Scholarship in 2008 to conduct an international study of justice, culture and football referee communication, at last combining his passions for football and investigation.
Peter Simmons BA MA MPRIA
School of Communication
Charles Sturt University
Bathurst, NSW, 2795
Tel: +61 2 63384521