- Born 1943, Danish.
- Master degree in Psychology from Copenhagen University 1972. Masters dissertation in social psychology.
- Assistant Professor (1972-1976) and from 1976- Associate Professor in social sciences at Roskilde University in Denmark.
- One of the initiators of the master’s degree program in public relations at Roskilde University. This study program is a cross-disciplinary combined study of business studies and language and communication.
- External examiner in social psychology at Copenhagen University and Aarhus University since 1978 -
Research and teaching areas: Strategic Processes, Business Ethics, Organisational Legitimacy, Social Responsibility, Human Resources, Competence and Public Relations.
- Research co-operation with Copenhagen University in research project on Competence- from an organisational perspective. (1979-2001).
- Responsible for a Danida project in Bhutan. The objective of the project is capacity building – within social sciences and research methods – of the teaching staff at an educational institution, Royal Institute of Management. The project started in 1999 as a combination of periods of supervision of research projects on location and periods of distance contact.
- Since 1978 member of research network on Agents and Institutions – on opening the borderlines between economics and sociology. The network is international with original roots in Department of Social Sciences at Roskilde University
- Board member and chairman of Research Committee of EUPRERA (European public relations education and research association); (1994-)
- President elect 2006, president 2007 of EUPRERA
- Member of the jury of EUPRERA-students award.
- Supervisor of Ph.D. students in public relations.
- Member or chairmen of a number of academic appointment committees.
- During several election periods head of Business Studies and of Public Relations Studies at University of Roskilde.
- During several election periods member of the Senate of Roskilde University.
December 2000 – April 2007 vice rector of Roskilde University.
- As vice rector chairman of Educational Committee to the senate and responsible for the Roskilde University’s Quality Development Contract concerning education and learning processes and conditions.
- Responsible coordinator of EUA project on Creativity in Teaching and Learning (March – December 2006)
- Board member and Chair of Danish Student Counselling 2001-6
- Board member of CVU-Sjælland (Centre of Higher Education) 2001-
- Chair of the board of Himmelev Gymnasium 2006-
- April 2007- June 2007 authorised by rector to complete education reform at Roskilde University
- June 2007 –Research sabbatical
Jensen, Inger, Andersen, Torben & Prahl, Arne (Ed.). 2000. Kompetence – i et organisatorisk perspektiv: Roskilde Universitetsforlag/Samfundslitteratur.
Jensen, I. 1997. “Legitimacy and strategy of different companies. A perspective of external and internal public relations.” in Public Relations Research: An International Perspective.,, edited by D. Moss, MacManus, T. and Vercic, D. London: International Thomson Business Press.
Jensen, I. , and F. Vestergaard. 1973. “Praxis og træghed – om Sartres bidrag til en samfundsforståelse.” Udkast, 3:185-208.
Jensen, Inger. 2001a. “Arbejdspapir om Searle’s: The Construction of Social Reality. (1995).”
2001b. “The concept of theory in PR education.” in Public Relations Education in Europe
Euprera International Congress,. Warsaw.
2001c. “Offentlighedsanalyser i public relations.” in Profil og offentlighed – public relations for viderekomne, edited by Mie Femø Nielsen: Samfundslitteratur.
2001d. “Public relations and emerging functions of the public sphere: An analytical framework.” Journal of CommunicationManagement 6:133-148.
Jensen, I. & Antonsen, M. 1992. “Forms of legitimacy essential to public relations.” in Business Annals. Roskilde: FS&P.